You are at netAirspace : Forum : Air and Space Forums : Civil Aviation

Aer Lingus New Livery?

All about Airlines and Airliners.

ShyFlyer (Founding Member) 16 Jan 19, 23:56Post
This post from Facebook seems to advance the notion that Aer Lingus will have a new livery soon:

Screen Shot.jpg
Screen Shot.jpg (228.5 KiB) Viewed 298 times
The Original Peruvian Outlaw ©

Amazon.com

First Class members don't see ads. Upgrade!

Lucas (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 17 Jan 19, 04:01Post
Saves 'em money. Could have been worse. Beats LH's makeover.
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 17 Jan 19, 07:26Post
Hardly inspiring. Hard to tell against that vomit-inducing background, though.

They must like their 757s if they're bothering to repaint them.
Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast:
For it is the number of a man; and its number is One hundred threescore and twelve.
Zak (netAirspace FAA) 17 Jan 19, 12:22Post
Great, more euro-white. :|

I agree, though, we've seen worse. But I'd prefer if they followed KLM's lead. Their livery update works very well for me, and while it's a small change, I think it does make quite a difference {twocents}

Would have looked neat on EI's A330, I think.

Get rid of the blue stripe, make the light green a bit brighter, add an elegant curve, and you have a more modern livery that is still immediately recognizable.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
(Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 17 Jan 19, 12:36Post
Zak wrote:Get rid of the blue stripe, make the light green a bit brighter, add an elegant curve, and you have a more modern livery that is still immediately recognizable.

...and instantly derided as a KLM knock-off...
For it is the number of a man; and its number is One hundred threescore and twelve.
JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 17 Jan 19, 12:38Post
Now confirmed as the new livery after being spotted on this A330:

Link

Yet more meh {bored}
A million great ideas...
Zak (netAirspace FAA) 17 Jan 19, 13:39Post
ShanwickOceanic wrote:...and instantly derided as a KLM knock-off...

I'll a take a knock-off of a great concept over a unique, but lame one any day.

Not that there's anything unique about EI's new livery. {bored}
ANCFlyer (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 17 Jan 19, 13:47Post
Reinventing the wheel for nothing.

What is/was wrong with the current livery?

Like Mr. Scott said in ST3, "the more they overcheck the plumbing, the more they stop up the drain".

Not a fan.
Armor. M60A1, M60A3, M1, M1A1, Master Gunner, CSM - Best Job I Ever Had
MrGavin 17 Jan 19, 15:32Post
Put me in the NO camp.
tangoscar 17 Jan 19, 16:27Post
OK, I guess I am the odd man out ... I confess, now that I have seen a shot of it "in the field" I find it to be not as bad as expected, I actually like it. Especially I like that the cowlings are colored now and that there is better/greater contrast between the green tones (that actually was something which slightly bothered me on the old livery). It would have been nice if they had added some orange though, for instance a straight or curved stripe/band along the fuselage.

All in all, imo they probably could have done a better job, but it also could have been much worse. I'll take it from the positive side, now I have a another good reason to go spotting at BOS and JFK again ...

Be easy on me ...

Thomas
JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 17 Jan 19, 17:18Post
If you line up aircraft from IB, LV and now EI they're a colour change on the tail and engines short of being identical. How long before we see a new BA scheme that's the same only in red white & blue?
A million great ideas...
miamiair (netAirspace FAA) 17 Jan 19, 17:24Post
JLAmber wrote: How long before we see a new BA scheme that's the same only in red white & blue?

I picture LATAM. {yuck}

And let's get one thing straight. There's a big difference between a pilot and an aviator. One is a technician; the other is an artist in love with flight. — E. B. Jeppesen
ANCFlyer (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 17 Jan 19, 19:19Post
JLAmber wrote:If you line up aircraft from IB, LV and now EI they're a colour change on the tail and engines short of being identical. How long before we see a new BA scheme that's the same only in red white & blue?

You forgot LH.
Armor. M60A1, M60A3, M1, M1A1, Master Gunner, CSM - Best Job I Ever Had
paul mcallister 17 Jan 19, 20:16Post
Could have been worse,but it`s pretty naff still.
I never liked the darker shade of green along the windows on Aer Lingus aircraft,so glad it`s gone,but as ever there is too much Polar White-boring.
md88dawg 18 Jan 19, 02:05Post
I'm not a fan of the "Aer Lufty" livery. When the LH update first came out, I was thinking how dark or gray engines would have helped to balance out all the Euro-white, but this Aer Lingus update proves that wrong. One recent livery update that makes my "yea" list is from EVA Air. Even with the white on the forward section, the green and orange accent the fuselage very nicely.

B-16781 at Anchorage - Ted Stevens International
by MD11SPOTTER on netAirspace.com
mhodgson (ATC & Photo Quality Screener & Founding Member) 18 Jan 19, 11:26Post
An A320 has also been released in the new scheme:

https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9200431

Seems to suit it slightly better - I do like the shamrock and Aer Lingus style, I just think they could have done a little more.
There's the right way, the wrong way and the railway.
Zak (netAirspace FAA) 18 Jan 19, 12:52Post
The tail is nice, and I like what they did with the colours. Still too much eurowhite for my liking. It's not a horrible livery, but it's nothing special, either.
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 19 Jan 19, 22:14Post
And it's in the DB.

ShyFlyer (Founding Member) 20 Jan 19, 00:36Post
It looks better in an actual photograph. That said, at first glance it looks more like a temporary "we're just leasing this thing for a few months" livery.
The Original Peruvian Outlaw ©

Amazon.com

First Class members don't see ads. Upgrade!