You are at netAirspace : Forum : Air and Space Forums : Civil Aviation

Primera Air Going Bankrupt

All about Airlines and Airliners.

airtrainer 01 Oct 18, 16:32Post
Another Airline to go out :(

Well, it looks like the airline was growing too quickly without proper financing, and it’s now being reported that Primera Air will be filing for bankruptcy (and ceasing operations) in the coming hours. This is according to a leaked email being circulated, which was written to employees by Primera Air’s Director of Flight Operations.

https://onemileatatime.com/primera-air-bankruptcy/
Sir, would you like chicken or pasta ?

Amazon.com

First Class members don't see ads. Upgrade!

JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 01 Oct 18, 17:35Post
It had crossed my mind that adding loads of seemingly unconnected long-haul routes wasn't the best business strategy. Seems they were very much flying by the seat of their pants until it caught up with them.

Is anybody in need of two A321LR? Primera were the launch customer.
A million great ideas...
airtrainer 01 Oct 18, 17:39Post
Yes indeed, and too much routes being launched at the same time was surprising. I wonder how much 737-MAX they had on order and what will happen to them...
Sir, would you like chicken or pasta ?
JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 04 Oct 18, 19:27Post
airtrainer wrote:I wonder how much 737-MAX they had on order and what will happen to them...

They were all coming in on a lease agreement with ALC. I wouldn't imagine ALC will have any problems placing them with their other clients, especially given that the 737MAX line is booked up way beyond current capacity. The sad reality is that Primera's demise will be good news for one or more airlines.
A million great ideas...
HT-ETNW 05 Oct 18, 05:27Post
JLAmber wrote:The sad reality is that Primera's demise will be good news for one or more airlines.

... and the option for other entrepreneurs to set up an airline with the same business model and then going to fail after a while, too.

aero.de is reporting that Primera Air's staff have recieved their zero weeks notice from their employer based in Malta indicating that no wages will be paid any more, and that there is no money left for displaced staff to travel home.
-HT
Use your time wisely; remember that today is the first day of the rest of your life.