You are at netAirspace : Forum : Air and Space Forums : Civil Aviation

LH: New Colours

All about Airlines and Airliners.

Zak (netAirspace FAA) 19 Jan 18, 15:28Post
No more yellow, no more gray, but more eurowhite:

Source: https://caixapretadasolange.blogspot.de ... ta_17.html

My 2 cents: {bored}

But then again, why should the outside be more appealing than the inside?
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
(Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)

Amazon.com

First Class members don't see ads. Upgrade!

vikkyvik 19 Jan 18, 15:36Post
New Colour might be more accurate.
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 19 Jan 18, 15:40Post
Well, it could have been worse.

*cough*AA*cough*
Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast:
For it is the number of a man; and its number is One hundred threescore and twelve.
ShyFlyer (Founding Member) 19 Jan 18, 16:26Post
I would have loved to be paid the tidy sum of money that design firm received for such a ripoff scheme. {sarcastic} {facepalm}

ShanwickOceanic wrote:Well, it could have been worse.

*cough*AA*cough*

Well, yeah, at least it's not that bad. {check}
The Original Peruvian Outlaw ©
miamiair (netAirspace FAA) 19 Jan 18, 16:45Post
Hey, the new AA grows on you, like nail fungus.
:))
And let's get one thing straight. There's a big difference between a pilot and an aviator. One is a technician; the other is an artist in love with flight. — E. B. Jeppesen
md88dawg 22 Jan 18, 07:05Post
JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 22 Jan 18, 12:43Post
The new colours are supposed to be debuting on a new A359 (MSN202, to be registered D-AIXI) that is currently being moved around TLS with added white vinyl covering the detail on the tail:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/digitalai ... 041706709/
A million great ideas...
Lucas (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 23 Jan 18, 06:05Post
Sheesh. I've never seen a scheme that makes me want to *not* fly on an airline. This one does it, though.
Zak (netAirspace FAA) 23 Jan 18, 13:51Post
Lucas wrote:Sheesh. I've never seen a scheme that makes me want to *not* fly on an airline. This one does it, though.

Wait until you see the inside. Nothing says "quality carrier" better than flying for 10+ hours in the maximum-density Y cabin of an A380... {bored}

Not that other European carriers are that much better anymore, though, I'll give LH that. And LH occasionally have rather low TATL fares. You get what you pay for, I guess.

For my recent IAH trip, they still didn't make the shortlist. My final decision was down to either KL or BA. Went for KL, and wasn't disappointed. I will give BA a chance next time, though, their Y+ product may be a tad better.
ANCFlyer (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 26 Jan 18, 16:52Post
Not a fan.
Armor. M60A1, M60A3, M1, M1A1, Master Gunner, CSM - Best Job I Ever Had
JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 01 Feb 18, 16:33Post
Now confirmed, the social media response is not going well for LH's marketing team.

http://www.aviation24.be/airlines/lufth ... f92c081a3/

Meh and more meh.
A million great ideas...
Queso (netAirspace ATC Tower Chief & Founding Member) 01 Feb 18, 16:51Post
LH.png
LH.png (55.73 KiB) Viewed 858 times
This is a Signature Line. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
Zak (netAirspace FAA) 01 Feb 18, 18:32Post
Brilliant. {laugh}

Though "sit down" isn't always too easy in LH Y. 31/17 in their new A359s. That's more like "shoehorn yourself in and shut up".
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 01 Feb 18, 19:49Post
Zak wrote:Brilliant. {laugh}

Though "sit down" isn't always too easy in LH Y. 31/17 in their new A359s. That's more like "shoehorn yourself in and shut up".

Should just about fit on an A346...
For it is the number of a man; and its number is One hundred threescore and twelve.
Click Click D'oh (Photo Quality Screener & Founding Member) 01 Feb 18, 20:07Post
As blah as it is, at least the logo isn't five times the size of the tail so that only a corner of it is actually displayed.
We sleep peacefully in our beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on our behalf
captoveur 02 Feb 18, 17:20Post
Did everyone who designs the image for airlines just throw up their hands and quit? This looks like Fedex, only not as nice.

This is lame, most new paint schemes seem to be lame. People need to do better.
I like my coffee how I like my women: Black, bitter, and preferably fair trade.
JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 03 Feb 18, 13:31Post
The livery is live on a 748i that has made an appearance at HAM already. Timmerinho was on hand to grab our first shot of the new livery.

Behold the magnificence of, oh, that really is bad:

{sigh}
A million great ideas...
CO777ER (Database Editor & Founding Member) 03 Feb 18, 14:48Post
Boring
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 03 Feb 18, 21:15Post
And he ticked the "Special paint scheme" box. Well, it's certainly "special".... {boxed}

Must.. not.. cuss... in... CivAv...

I hope to Christ it looks better than that with some sun on it, because that is absolutely dreadful. But it doesn't seem likely. {yuck}
CentrelinePhoto 03 Feb 18, 21:36Post
I hadn't realised from looking at the promo shots on social media that the titles have changed too, to some bloody god awful, cheap, thrown together, wonky, manky font that Blindy McBlindeye could have done better with.

Let's see if 'YT suffers a similar fate...
Just once in a while, let us exalt the importance of ideas and information.
PA110 (Founding Member) 04 Feb 18, 16:22Post
Quite honestly, there are a whole lot worse liveries out there. Personally, I think this refresh is neither here nor there. I can't say I dislike this iteration.

What I find amusing however is that whether airlines tweak or completely replace their livery, you can always count on airline nutters to completely lose their minds.

Lufthansa has carefully cultivated a very "buttoned-up" image of a no-nonsense, business carrier. This livery does nothing to alter that image. In that respect, it is a success. It looks suitably conservative.

My personal take with this livery is that they should have taken advantage of new paint technology to make the tail logo have a silver effect. I think it would bump the look up a notch. Otherwise, it's just fine.
Look, it's been swell, but the swelling's gone down.
GQfluffy (Database Editor & Founding Member) 04 Feb 18, 20:46Post
At least the yellow was very distinct.

No longer...
Teller of no, fixer of everything, friend of the unimportant and all around good guy; the CAD Monkey
MrGavin 05 Feb 18, 17:09Post
"never underestimate the stupidity of people in large groups."

kind of amazing a number of people came together and thought "wow, this looks amazing!!"
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 05 Feb 18, 21:54Post
Now I think about it, I'm surprised they didn't go even cheaper and leave the back of the fuselage white. Then it'd be easier to scrape off the LH "livery" should they need to move the airframe to LX or other airlines in the group.
JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 05 Feb 18, 22:00Post
ShanwickOceanic wrote:Now I think about it, I'm surprised they didn't go even cheaper and leave the back of the fuselage white. Then it'd be easier to scrape off the LH "livery" should they need to move the airframe to LX or other airlines in the group.

I thought the same. The EW livery is a lot easier to adapt from the 'old' LH livery though, so, if you spot any LH frames that have missed their date with the paint shop, you know where they're headed.
A million great ideas...

Amazon.com

First Class members don't see ads. Upgrade!