You are at netAirspace : Forum : Air and Space Forums : Civil Aviation

Midwest Express v2+

All about Airlines and Airliners.

MrGavin 09 Aug 17, 18:20Post
http://www.flymidwestexpress.com/

Saw this on "the other board." A link to a page eliciting interest in the rebirth of Midwest Express. Not making much of it, as the page is a half-assed pipe dream, or just a scam.

Of course it does make you wish for something along the lines of Midwest Express to come back into service. With all the consolidation, not going to lie, I'm a little bored with being just stuck to the choices of American, Delta, Southwest, or United. There's no way in hell I'm getting on Frontier, Spirit.

Sure, Alaska's growing a bit, which is nice, but where I am (NYC), options are limited. I'd love to see another carrier come in, get going, and make it and stay a nice, healthy size (anywhere from Sun Country to say AirTran?), and offer a few better incentives than current carriers.

Amazon.com

First Class members don't see ads. Upgrade!

ANCFlyer (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 09 Aug 17, 20:40Post
MrGavin wrote:Sure, Alaska's growing a bit, which is nice, but where I am (NYC), options are limited. I'd love to see another carrier come in, get going, and make it and stay a nice, healthy size (anywhere from Sun Country to say AirTran?), and offer a few better incentives than current carriers.

Remember, Virgin America is a wholly owned sub of AS now. I'll be on them from LAX-ORD in late September. I think AS is playing that just right - as soon as they get back being "All Boeing".

Your point is well taken, when we fly to MCO, it's AA or UA, and they tend to suck. I prefer AA in that case. Maybe AS will grow the east cost market with Virgin
Retired, retired again, and lastly retired again. I'm finally done.
MrGavin 14 Aug 17, 14:51Post
Personally I wish Alaska would keep the VA brand and keep it flying as a separate carrier. But it is what it is.

The dream would be a return of ATA.