You are at netAirspace : Forum : NOTAMs - Site Related Forums : About netAirspace.com

Upload #300000

The place for site-related announcements and member feedback.
 

HT-ETNW 11 Mar 19, 06:14Post
Another milestone: Upload #300000


-HT
Use your time wisely; remember that today is the first day of the rest of your life.

Amazon.com

First Class members don't see ads. Upgrade!
 
miamiair (netAirspace FAA) 11 Mar 19, 09:06Post
Agree, another great milestone.

Next year we will celebrate 10 years on the web.
And let's get one thing straight. There's a big difference between a pilot and an aviator. One is a technician; the other is an artist in love with flight. — E. B. Jeppesen
ANCFlyer (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 11 Mar 19, 09:14Post
We might need a graphics expert to make us a special Home Page Logo for the 10 year mark.

Not me of course, I still try to erase stuff on the monitor with white-out, but one of our members is surely a wizard in that area.
Armor. M60A1, M60A3, M1, M1A1, Master Gunner, CSM - Best Job I Ever Had
Allstarflyer (Database Editor & Founding Member) 11 Mar 19, 09:43Post
I like the original one, with the tower as the "I"...maybe something retro like that.
JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 11 Mar 19, 16:51Post
I hadn't noticed we were over 300k uploads though the recent image numbers did look a bit odd {tired}

Allstarflyer wrote:I like the original one, with the tower as the "I"...maybe something retro like that.


A netAirspace retro livery, I like that idea!
A million great ideas...
airtrainer 11 Mar 19, 19:39Post
Wow, didn't see that one coming !
And yes, we should definitely make a special t-shirt 8)
Sir, would you like chicken or pasta ?
HT-ETNW 12 Mar 19, 10:25Post
JLAmber wrote:I hadn't noticed we were over 300k uploads though the recent image numbers did look a bit odd {tired}

I recall that Ed once pointed out, that the actual number of photos in the database is somewhat smaller than the upload count, which IIRC also counts failed / aborted uploads; and that a couple of shots were removed from the database when one former contributor left.

If there was a recent jump in the upload count ...: Has there been an increased share of upload-attempts that did not result in photos in the database recently ?
-HT
Use your time wisely; remember that today is the first day of the rest of your life.
JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 12 Mar 19, 16:07Post
HT-ETNW wrote:I recall that Ed once pointed out, that the actual number of photos in the database is somewhat smaller than the upload count, which IIRC also counts failed / aborted uploads; and that a couple of shots were removed from the database when one former contributor left.


A couple of thousand shots!

HT-ETNW wrote:If there was a recent jump in the upload count ...: Has there been an increased share of upload-attempts that did not result in photos in the database recently ?


Currently we are at upload #301883 with 294333 images (11773 full pages at 25 images per page plus 1 page of 8 images) so there are 7550 'empty' numbers or precisely 2.5% of the db. This is about as low a proportion as I can recall seeing for some years and the proportion of empty numbers is definitely decreasing.
A million great ideas...
HT-ETNW 12 Mar 19, 21:12Post
Some kind if misunderstanding / misinterpretation from my side!

I meanwhile have found out, that the actual number of photos in the database is also stated in the "Overall AvB stats".
-HT
Use your time wisely; remember that today is the first day of the rest of your life.

Amazon.com

First Class members don't see ads. Upgrade!
 
 

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

LEFT

RIGHT
CONTENT