You are at netAirspace : Forum : Air and Space Forums : Social

NAS 10th Anniversary Meet - LAX NOV 2019

Arrange meetings, spotting trips and mutual flying activities here.

Zak (netAirspace FAA) 26 Mar 19, 22:05Post
JLAmber wrote:There's a good deal with LH keeps coming up, but I'd rather fly freight.
How do you tell the difference? {mischief}

You could fly KLM. If you catch one of their old Combi 747s and ask the cabin staff nicely, they may allow you to go to the cargo hold. Or so I was told... {angel}
Yes, the new EU copyright directive is that stupid.

Amazon.com

First Class members don't see ads. Upgrade!

ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 31 Mar 19, 16:17Post
ShanwickOceanic wrote:Hopefully this will keep me away long enough to avoid something equally mandatory and even more miserable that I suspect is coming up in mid-November.

It's on the 3rd.

Of September.

The bastards. {grumpy}
Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast:
For it is the number of a man; and its number is One hundred threescore and twelve.
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 31 Mar 19, 16:39Post
JLAmber wrote:Finnair MAN-HEL-LAX in Y+ on the A359 is £509 return. Tempting though a little tight on connections.

For what it's worth, I'm seeing the MAN flight arriving 1505, and the LAX going out at 1640. That's more than enough to make the connection at HEL, especially since it's all non-Schengen, which removes about half the potential running distance from the equation. The worst Schengen<>non-Schengen is doable in 30 minutes at a run, even with buses involved.

For some reason I can't see both flights on the same day, and only get offered the Finnair A359 if I start in HEL. Starting in MAN just sends me down to LHR and BA, AA, or BA and AA. {crazy}

However, there is another really tasty option you could consider. Searching HEL-LAX on 1st November gave me the delightful HEL-BMA (Norra), ARN-LHR (BA A320), LHR-LAX (BA A388). And that Norra? ATR. {vomit}
Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast:
For it is the number of a man; and its number is One hundred threescore and twelve.
JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 31 Mar 19, 18:01Post
ShanwickOceanic wrote:For some reason I can't see both flights on the same day, and only get offered the Finnair A359 if I start in HEL

Strange, might have sold out. In the end, inspired somewhat by Stefan, I went with the following :

31st OCT
MAN-AMS KL1070 739 Y
AMS-LAX KL0601 744M Y+

7th - 9th NOV
LAX-JFK DL___ (books as a KLM flight no.) 763 or 764 Y+
JFK-MAN VS128 Y+ (shows as A332 but also uses 744 & the odd A346).

ShanwickOceanic wrote:However, there is another really tasty option you could consider. Searching HEL-LAX on 1st November gave me the delightful HEL-BMA (Norra), ARN-LHR (BA A320), LHR-LAX (BA A388). And that Norra? ATR. {vomit}

Erm, no.
A million great ideas...
Zak (netAirspace FAA) 31 Mar 19, 19:12Post
JLAmber wrote:...inspired somewhat by Stefan, I went with the following :

A few very bad stories start with those words... :))

But...
JLAmber wrote:31st OCT
MAN-AMS KL1070 739 Y
AMS-LAX KL0601 744M Y+

That sounds like a solid call. Having tried a few TATL options now, KL's Y+ on the 744 is my favourite non-biz option.

Depending on whether I will schedule my business appointments for the week before or the week after the meet, we might even end up on the same flight.
Yes, the new EU copyright directive is that stupid.
miamiair (netAirspace FAA) 15 May 19, 16:09Post
Missing anyone?
Attachments
LAX_MEET_MAP.jpg
LAX_MEET_MAP.jpg (107.76 KiB) Viewed 51 times
And let's get one thing straight. There's a big difference between a pilot and an aviator. One is a technician; the other is an artist in love with flight. — E. B. Jeppesen
vikkyvik 15 May 19, 17:15Post
miamiair wrote:Missing anyone?

I don't see my travel on there.
miamiair (netAirspace FAA) 15 May 19, 17:35Post
vikkyvik wrote:
miamiair wrote:Missing anyone?

I don't see my travel on there.

You're a local. :))
And let's get one thing straight. There's a big difference between a pilot and an aviator. One is a technician; the other is an artist in love with flight. — E. B. Jeppesen
airtrainer 15 May 19, 19:06Post
Not my routing {boxed}
Sir, would you like chicken or pasta ?
vikkyvik 15 May 19, 19:14Post
miamiair wrote:You're a local.

Hey, that SNA-LAX drive can take 2 hours at times!

Amazon.com

First Class members don't see ads. Upgrade!