You are at netAirspace : Forum : Air and Space Forums : Social

NAS 10th Anniversary Meet - LAX NOV 2019

Arrange meetings, spotting trips and mutual flying activities here.

miamiair (netAirspace FAA) 21 Jan 19, 12:30Post
Howdy all,

By discussion and consensus, the 10th NAS Anniversary (US Version) will be held at LAX 1-2-3 of NOV 2019.

Follow this thread for participation, plans, where to stay, etc.
And let's get one thing straight. There's a big difference between a pilot and an aviator. One is a technician; the other is an artist in love with flight. — E. B. Jeppesen

Amazon.com

First Class members don't see ads. Upgrade!

miamiair (netAirspace FAA) 21 Jan 19, 12:34Post
The Embassy Suites at El Segundo is a short walk from Imperial Hill. The free breakfast is enough to get you to the afternoon In-n-Out cravings.
And let's get one thing straight. There's a big difference between a pilot and an aviator. One is a technician; the other is an artist in love with flight. — E. B. Jeppesen
mhodgson (ATC & Photo Quality Screener & Founding Member) 21 Jan 19, 13:00Post
I'll have a play with my roster and see what I can do :))
There's the right way, the wrong way and the railway.
ShyFlyer (Founding Member) 21 Jan 19, 16:30Post
I'm on duty 1 & 2 that week, but getting time off shouldn't be too difficult. I'll have a better picture of my leave time balance after July, so the best I can do is a hard maybe at this point.

I really want to make it as the last "mini-meet" there was a lot of fun.
The Original Peruvian Outlaw ©
Caroline 21 Jan 19, 16:45Post
Heya,
I'm planning to go to lAX this year anyway, so this looks kinda good and helps with finding a date.
So I'm probably in :)

Cheers Lina
Yokes 21 Jan 19, 17:16Post
As said earlier, after some negotiations, I was able to get a free week from work in november. Will probably be there from 01. to 08.Nov. when I find a good flight offer.
Allstarflyer (Database Editor & Founding Member) 22 Jan 19, 01:47Post
I'd like to make one meet in my life. Down as a maybe, might drive it, for real. I love driving out West.
md88dawg 22 Jan 19, 17:27Post
Thanks for the updates on the final decision. As long as something doesn't come up, I should be able to make it to the meet. :))
JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 22 Jan 19, 21:56Post
Could be good for me to the point where I'm a strong likely. Gets me out of a trip to Benidorm too, so that's a massive plus!
A million great ideas...
md88dawg 22 Jan 19, 22:56Post
It may be too early to consider this, but a T-shirt commemorating the 10th anniversary would be a nice memento (and advertisement). Perhaps we could have the same shirt design for both the US and EU meets to boost the order count, and then we could do a sticker or patch for the separate meets (if printing costs aren't too outrageous). It would be neat to have a shirt we can wear around different airports on our travels.
JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 22 Jan 19, 23:18Post
md88dawg wrote:It may be too early to consider this, but a T-shirt commemorating the 10th anniversary would be a nice memento (and advertisement). Perhaps we could have the same shirt design for both the US and EU meets to boost the order count, and then we could do a sticker or patch for the separate meets (if printing costs aren't too outrageous). It would be neat to have a shirt we can wear around different airports on our travels.

{check} That would be a great memento. They're incredibly cheap - T-shirt printing is one of the most competitive markets out there. I would caution that you would need someone reliable and native to the US to be in charge of that, to avoid import issues etc.
A million great ideas...
GQfluffy (Database Editor & Founding Member) 23 Jan 19, 15:50Post
Ah hell...of course I booked a trip to the opposite coast right after this (didn't even think about this to be honest).

Sorry all.

Probably didn't want me to show up late like last time anyway. :))
Teller of no, fixer of everything, friend of the unimportant and all around good guy; the CAD Monkey
Caroline 24 Jan 19, 16:10Post
Hey :)

Holiday leave got approved, so I’m in :). Need to book flights now.
Had worse things to do.

Cheers Lina
miamiair (netAirspace FAA) 24 Jan 19, 19:11Post
Hotel search time. Embassy Suites in El Segundo is close to everything.
GQfluffy (Database Editor & Founding Member) 24 Jan 19, 20:27Post
That's the one you and Cheesy were at in 2012, yes?
Teller of no, fixer of everything, friend of the unimportant and all around good guy; the CAD Monkey
ShyFlyer (Founding Member) 24 Jan 19, 23:08Post
GQfluffy wrote:That's the one you and Cheesy were at in 2012, yes?

{thumbsup}
The Original Peruvian Outlaw ©
ANCFlyer (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 25 Jan 19, 02:52Post
No LA for me Gents . . . principles involved . . . enjoy.
Armor. M60A1, M60A3, M1, M1A1, Master Gunner, CSM - Best Job I Ever Had
Queso (netAirspace ATC Tower Chief & Founding Member) 28 Jan 19, 17:58Post
ANCFlyer wrote:No LA for me Gents . . . principles involved . . . enjoy.

Yeah, I am sorry to say me too, for the same reason. "Principles".

Have a great time.
This is a Signature Line. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
NCoats737 19 Feb 19, 05:55Post
I suppose I could fly down the West Coast and join, Will add to the calendar.
Beat it to fit, paint it to match.
Yokes 19 Feb 19, 20:42Post
Flights booked for me.

Will arrive on Friday 1th Nov. on LH425 from MUC at 4:25 and leave on friday 08th Nov. with UA923 to LHR.

Nice possibility to fly the A340-600. :)
Zak (netAirspace FAA) 20 Feb 19, 00:27Post
I will probably fly in the weekend before and schedule some business appointments Mon-Wed. Didn't make them all this time (I'm in L.A. right now).
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
(Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
kmh1956 (Founding Member) 20 Feb 19, 00:54Post
Damn! I'm back at school by then...won't be able to get the time off.
Caroline 21 Feb 19, 17:43Post
Heya,

Yokes wrote:Flights booked for me.

So are mine, haven't posted here that I booked a few weeks ago, flying in on the 30th and leaving November 13th.

Cheers Lina
vikkyvik 22 Feb 19, 00:36Post
Zak wrote:(I'm in L.A. right now)

{grumpy}
JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 22 Feb 19, 00:51Post
vikkyvik wrote:
Zak wrote:(I'm in L.A. right now)

{grumpy}

I stopped by a few, oh never mind {boxed}

I'm definitely in, just looking at options for flights and further adventures. There is one extremely tempting option that I may struggle to justify but it is easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission. Besides, that A359ULR looks so comfy....
A million great ideas...

Amazon.com

First Class members don't see ads. Upgrade!