You are at netAirspace : Forum : Air and Space Forums : Social

NAS 10th Anniversary Meet - LAX NOV 2019

Arrange meetings, spotting trips and mutual flying activities here.

miamiair (netAirspace FAA) 21 Jan 19, 12:30Post
Howdy all,

By discussion and consensus, the 10th NAS Anniversary (US Version) will be held at LAX 1-2-3 of NOV 2019.

Follow this thread for participation, plans, where to stay, etc.
And let's get one thing straight. There's a big difference between a pilot and an aviator. One is a technician; the other is an artist in love with flight. — E. B. Jeppesen

Amazon.com

First Class members don't see ads. Upgrade!

miamiair (netAirspace FAA) 21 Jan 19, 12:34Post
The Embassy Suites at El Segundo is a short walk from Imperial Hill. The free breakfast is enough to get you to the afternoon In-n-Out cravings.
And let's get one thing straight. There's a big difference between a pilot and an aviator. One is a technician; the other is an artist in love with flight. — E. B. Jeppesen
mhodgson (ATC & Photo Quality Screener & Founding Member) 21 Jan 19, 13:00Post
I'll have a play with my roster and see what I can do :))
There's the right way, the wrong way and the railway.
ShyFlyer (Founding Member) 21 Jan 19, 16:30Post
I'm on duty 1 & 2 that week, but getting time off shouldn't be too difficult. I'll have a better picture of my leave time balance after July, so the best I can do is a hard maybe at this point.

I really want to make it as the last "mini-meet" there was a lot of fun.
The Original Peruvian Outlaw ©
Caroline 21 Jan 19, 16:45Post
Heya,
I'm planning to go to lAX this year anyway, so this looks kinda good and helps with finding a date.
So I'm probably in :)

Cheers Lina
Yokes 21 Jan 19, 17:16Post
As said earlier, after some negotiations, I was able to get a free week from work in november. Will probably be there from 01. to 08.Nov. when I find a good flight offer.
Allstarflyer (Database Editor & Founding Member) 22 Jan 19, 01:47Post
I'd like to make one meet in my life. Down as a maybe, might drive it, for real. I love driving out West.
md88dawg 22 Jan 19, 17:27Post
Thanks for the updates on the final decision. As long as something doesn't come up, I should be able to make it to the meet. :))
JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 22 Jan 19, 21:56Post
Could be good for me to the point where I'm a strong likely. Gets me out of a trip to Benidorm too, so that's a massive plus!
A million great ideas...
md88dawg 22 Jan 19, 22:56Post
It may be too early to consider this, but a T-shirt commemorating the 10th anniversary would be a nice memento (and advertisement). Perhaps we could have the same shirt design for both the US and EU meets to boost the order count, and then we could do a sticker or patch for the separate meets (if printing costs aren't too outrageous). It would be neat to have a shirt we can wear around different airports on our travels.
JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 22 Jan 19, 23:18Post
md88dawg wrote:It may be too early to consider this, but a T-shirt commemorating the 10th anniversary would be a nice memento (and advertisement). Perhaps we could have the same shirt design for both the US and EU meets to boost the order count, and then we could do a sticker or patch for the separate meets (if printing costs aren't too outrageous). It would be neat to have a shirt we can wear around different airports on our travels.

{check} That would be a great memento. They're incredibly cheap - T-shirt printing is one of the most competitive markets out there. I would caution that you would need someone reliable and native to the US to be in charge of that, to avoid import issues etc.
A million great ideas...
GQfluffy (Database Editor & Founding Member) 23 Jan 19, 15:50Post
Ah hell...of course I booked a trip to the opposite coast right after this (didn't even think about this to be honest).

Sorry all.

Probably didn't want me to show up late like last time anyway. :))
Teller of no, fixer of everything, friend of the unimportant and all around good guy; the CAD Monkey
Caroline 24 Jan 19, 16:10Post
Hey :)

Holiday leave got approved, so I’m in :). Need to book flights now.
Had worse things to do.

Cheers Lina
miamiair (netAirspace FAA) 24 Jan 19, 19:11Post
Hotel search time. Embassy Suites in El Segundo is close to everything.
GQfluffy (Database Editor & Founding Member) 24 Jan 19, 20:27Post
That's the one you and Cheesy were at in 2012, yes?
Teller of no, fixer of everything, friend of the unimportant and all around good guy; the CAD Monkey
ShyFlyer (Founding Member) 24 Jan 19, 23:08Post
GQfluffy wrote:That's the one you and Cheesy were at in 2012, yes?

{thumbsup}
The Original Peruvian Outlaw ©
ANCFlyer (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 25 Jan 19, 02:52Post
No LA for me Gents . . . principles involved . . . enjoy.
Armor. M60A1, M60A3, M1, M1A1, Master Gunner, CSM - Best Job I Ever Had
Queso (netAirspace ATC Tower Chief & Founding Member) 28 Jan 19, 17:58Post
ANCFlyer wrote:No LA for me Gents . . . principles involved . . . enjoy.

Yeah, I am sorry to say me too, for the same reason. "Principles".

Have a great time.
This is a Signature Line. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
NCoats737 19 Feb 19, 05:55Post
I suppose I could fly down the West Coast and join, Will add to the calendar.
Beat it to fit, paint it to match.
Yokes 19 Feb 19, 20:42Post
Flights booked for me.

Will arrive on Friday 1th Nov. on LH425 from MUC at 4:25 and leave on friday 08th Nov. with UA923 to LHR.

Nice possibility to fly the A340-600. :)
Zak (netAirspace FAA) 20 Feb 19, 00:27Post
I will probably fly in the weekend before and schedule some business appointments Mon-Wed. Didn't make them all this time (I'm in L.A. right now).
Yes, the new EU copyright directive is that stupid.
kmh1956 (Founding Member) 20 Feb 19, 00:54Post
Damn! I'm back at school by then...won't be able to get the time off.
Caroline 21 Feb 19, 17:43Post
Heya,

Yokes wrote:Flights booked for me.

So are mine, haven't posted here that I booked a few weeks ago, flying in on the 30th and leaving November 13th.

Cheers Lina
vikkyvik 22 Feb 19, 00:36Post
Zak wrote:(I'm in L.A. right now)

{grumpy}
JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 22 Feb 19, 00:51Post
vikkyvik wrote:
Zak wrote:(I'm in L.A. right now)

{grumpy}

I stopped by a few, oh never mind {boxed}

I'm definitely in, just looking at options for flights and further adventures. There is one extremely tempting option that I may struggle to justify but it is easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission. Besides, that A359ULR looks so comfy....
A million great ideas...

Amazon.com

First Class members don't see ads. Upgrade!