You are at netAirspace : Forum : Air and Space Forums : Social

Where To Have The 10th Anniversary NAS Meet

Arrange meetings, spotting trips and mutual flying activities here.

Where to have the 10th Anniversary Meet?

SEA
6%
LAX
27%
MIA
8%
ATL
10%
LHR
13%
FRA
2%
AMS
27%
LIS
8%

Total votes : 52

ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 04 Sep 18, 10:05Post
November is a damn good time to be out of Finland. AY are also starting HEL-LAX.
Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast:
For it is the number of a man; and its number is One hundred threescore and twelve.

Amazon.com

First Class members don't see ads. Upgrade!

miamiair (netAirspace FAA) 04 Sep 18, 10:37Post
Cut & Paste your preference for LAX 2019. Dates are FRI-SAT-SUN. First three weekends. After that, prices get stupid due to the Thanksgiving holiday.

NOV 1-2-3
miamiair

NOV 8-9-10
miamiair

NOV 15-16-17
miamiair
And let's get one thing straight. There's a big difference between a pilot and an aviator. One is a technician; the other is an artist in love with flight. — E. B. Jeppesen
vikkyvik 04 Sep 18, 14:06Post
Since travel is not an issue for me, I should be OK for any of those weekends, barring family stuff or work stuff that may come up between now and then.

NOV 1-2-3
miamiair
vikkyvik

NOV 8-9-10
miamiair
vikkyvik

NOV 15-16-17
vikkyvik
ShyFlyer (Founding Member) 04 Sep 18, 14:16Post
I plan on bidding the same Team for 2019, so my days off will be the same. It really won't matter which weekend is finally settled upon.

NOV 1-2-3
miamiair
vikkyvik
ShyFlyer

NOV 8-9-10
miamiair
vikkyvik
ShyFlyer

NOV 15-16-17
vikkyvik
ShyFlyer
The Original Peruvian Outlaw ©
mhodgson (ATC & Photo Quality Screener & Founding Member) 04 Sep 18, 15:51Post
Can't get a cast iron guarantee on any of them, but November isn't usually a popular time for leave so I wouldn't anticipate any significant issues.

NOV 1-2-3
miamiair
vikkyvik
ShyFlyer
mhodgson

NOV 8-9-10
miamiair
vikkyvik
ShyFlyer
mhodgson

NOV 15-16-17
vikkyvik
ShyFlyer
mhodgson
There's the right way, the wrong way and the railway.
airtrainer 04 Sep 18, 16:36Post
Should be ok for all dates so far...

NOV 1-2-3
miamiair
vikkyvik
ShyFlyer
mhodgson
airtrainer

NOV 8-9-10
miamiair
vikkyvik
ShyFlyer
mhodgson
airtrainer

NOV 15-16-17
vikkyvik
ShyFlyer
mhodgson
airtrainer
Sir, would you like chicken or pasta ?
md88dawg 04 Sep 18, 16:46Post
November also gives some really nice sunset silhouettes by the In-N-Out. :-)) If all goes well, any of these weekends work equally for me. DST ends on November 3 for 2019, so we'd get an extra hour of afternoon traffic with the first two days of November.

NOV 1-2-3
miamiair
vikkyvik
ShyFlyer
mhodgson
airtrainer
md88dawg

NOV 8-9-10
miamiair
vikkyvik
ShyFlyer
mhodgson
airtrainer
md88dawg

NOV 15-16-17
vikkyvik
ShyFlyer
mhodgson
airtrainer
md88dawg
Last edited by md88dawg on 04 Sep 18, 16:59, edited 2 times in total.
md88dawg 04 Sep 18, 16:58Post
Here's the sun angle in early November for KLAX. Sunrise is just after 7 am PST, sunset at 6 pm (changes to 6 am and 5 pm after DST on November 3, 2019).
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-09-04 at 12.54.27 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-09-04 at 12.54.27 PM.png (176.03 KiB) Viewed 269 times
Yokes 04 Sep 18, 18:09Post
If november is the only option I´m sadly out. A very big maybe for the last weekend if I can get a few free days from work.

NOV 1-2-3
miamiair
vikkyvik
ShyFlyer
mhodgson
airtrainer
md88dawg

NOV 8-9-10
miamiair
vikkyvik
ShyFlyer
mhodgson
airtrainer
md88dawg

NOV 15-16-17
vikkyvik
ShyFlyer
mhodgson
airtrainer
md88dawg
(Yokes)
Zak (netAirspace FAA) 04 Sep 18, 21:09Post
I couldn't tell you what I'm doing this year in November, let alone in 2019.

Just pick one, and I'll try to make it work. Which, given that I work for an American corporation now, is not even that unlikely.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
(Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
GQfluffy (Database Editor & Founding Member) 05 Sep 18, 02:43Post
LAX would probably work for me given the amount of time I still spend down there...

That said...given some...things Britt and I have been going through the last 4 years and her eye surgeries this year and more to come next year...I have no idea what the hell next year has in store. Make a date and I'll see what I can do. {thumbsup}
Teller of no, fixer of everything, friend of the unimportant and all around good guy; the CAD Monkey
halls120 (Plank Owner) 22 Sep 18, 14:06Post
Zak wrote:I couldn't tell you what I'm doing this year in November, let alone in 2019.

Just pick one, and I'll try to make it work. Which, given that I work for an American corporation now, is not even that unlikely.

When did you cross over to the dark side? :))
halls120 (Plank Owner) 22 Sep 18, 14:08Post
I'm voting for LHR or AMS. Easier for me. :)
tangoscar 26 Nov 18, 17:59Post
Would love to attend, but unfortunately flexibility is an issue ... I relocate from CT back to Germany (HAJ) at the end of July 2019.

This being said:

ATL and LAX (the latter less likely) if at all would only be doable between January and July ...

Can make it to AMS after August 15th.
airtrainer 10 Jan 19, 23:23Post
So 2019 is here and we have the locations, time to set both dates I guess :)

1. LAX : as it has been discussed earlier, first or second week-end of november ?

2. AMS : if we have LAX this fall, what about doing AMS in early summer ? Some of us usually attend the traditional MAN meet on the last week-end of june, maybe we could take that week-end to avoid having too many events ? (Disclaimer: I'm not suggesting a date that suit me, I'll have to take days off for that week-end ;) ).

Any imput ?
Sir, would you like chicken or pasta ?
md88dawg 11 Jan 19, 23:06Post
For now, either of those weekends for LAX work equally well for me. I like the idea of both a Europe and a US meet, though sadly, I will most likely not be able to make it to AMS.

airtrainer wrote:So 2019 is here and we have the locations, time to set both dates I guess :)

1. LAX : as it has been discussed earlier, first or second week-end of november ?

2. AMS : if we have LAX this fall, what about doing AMS in early summer ? Some of us usually attend the traditional MAN meet on the last week-end of june, maybe we could take that week-end to avoid having too many events ? (Disclaimer: I'm not suggesting a date that suit me, I'll have to take days off for that week-end ;) ).

Any imput ?

Join the netAirspace community!

Come on in and see what you've been missing!
• Join us in the forums
• Share your photos
• Earn netAirspace Miles
Register now and get
1 month Business Class
membership FREE!