You are at netAirspace : Forum : Air and Space Forums : Social

Trips Planned for 2019

Arrange meetings, spotting trips and mutual flying activities here.

mhodgson (ATC & Photo Quality Screener & Founding Member) 10 Oct 18, 19:45Post
About time we kicked this one off!

Not much booked yet, but I managed to get a place on FLAP2019 to start my year off:

MAN-LHR BA A32x Y
LHR-MIA BA A380 Y+
MIA-LHR BA A380 Y+
LHR-MAN BA A32x Y

Booked a bit more time in FL this year so planning to explore a bit further afield than the Miami/Hollywood metro areas!
There's the right way, the wrong way and the railway.

Amazon.com

First Class members don't see ads. Upgrade!

CentrelinePhoto 13 Oct 18, 14:18Post
After ten years of not quite getting round to it, I've finally booked a trip to Washington DC for early April, with the added bonus of a new type for me, the Sukhoi Superjet.

MAN-BRU SN SU9
BRU-IAD SN 332
IAD-BRU UA 772
BRU-MAN SN 319
Just once in a while, let us exalt the importance of ideas and information.
Yokes 17 Oct 18, 20:15Post
First trip for 2019 is booked:

January
DUS-TFS OE
TFS-DUS OE

Will probably add some domestic flights between the canary islands.
CentrelinePhoto 18 Oct 18, 07:56Post
Yokes wrote:First trip for 2019 is booked:

January
DUS-TFS OE
TFS-DUS OE

Will probably add some domestic flights between the canary islands.

I've done a few flights with Binter - it's been a few years now but their ATR72s had some rear facing seats at the time - that was a fun experience.
Yokes 18 Oct 18, 19:04Post
CentrelinePhoto wrote:I've done a few flights with Binter - it's been a few years now but their ATR72s had some rear facing seats at the time - that was a fun experience.

Oh, that would be interesting indeed. But I think they dont have that anymore.
airtrainer 19 Oct 18, 10:07Post
If I recall correctly, Canaryfly still have those rear facing seats on the first row...

No, I didn't book any flight for 2019 yet !
Sir, would you like chicken or pasta ?
CentrelinePhoto 19 Oct 18, 10:56Post
airtrainer wrote:If I recall correctly, Canaryfly still have those rear facing seats on the first row...

Actually, looking at the CanaryFly fleet list, a number of their aircraft are former Binter machines, so that would figure.
CentrelinePhoto 26 Oct 18, 08:49Post
CentrelinePhoto wrote:After ten years of not quite getting round to it, I've finally booked a trip to Washington DC for early April, with the added bonus of a new type for me, the Sukhoi Superjet.

MAN-BRU SN SU9
BRU-IAD SN 332
IAD-BRU UA 772
BRU-MAN SN 319

Well, I had a nagging suspicion it might happen, and it has. SN will now be operating my MAN-BRU with an A319. Bang goes the Superjet flight.
airtrainer 02 Nov 18, 01:48Post
CentrelinePhoto wrote:
CentrelinePhoto wrote:After ten years of not quite getting round to it, I've finally booked a trip to Washington DC for early April, with the added bonus of a new type for me, the Sukhoi Superjet.

MAN-BRU SN SU9
BRU-IAD SN 332
IAD-BRU UA 772
BRU-MAN SN 319

Well, I had a nagging suspicion it might happen, and it has. SN will now be operating my MAN-BRU with an A319. Bang goes the Superjet flight.

From what I've heard they will get rid of all their SSJs in march, not too surprising considering all the troubles they had with them.
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 05 Nov 18, 10:37Post
Looks like an OUL-HEL-TLV in January, though I imagine it might slide into February.

March will probably have an OUL-HEL-CPH in it. I just looooove CPH :P
Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast:
For it is the number of a man; and its number is One hundred threescore and twelve.
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 05 Nov 18, 20:12Post
TLV-AMM on RJ? That's one trip I will NOT be planning for 2019 {crazy}

Thought it might be a quick and easy way to rack up another country and another oneworld carrier, since I'll be in TLV anyway. 5am departure (so be at the airport at 2am) and $500 return. Thanks, but no thanks.
For it is the number of a man; and its number is One hundred threescore and twelve.
tangoscar 26 Nov 18, 17:37Post
Apr-03 BDL-FLL (Southwest Airlines)
Apr-04 MIA
Apr-12 SXM
Apr-15 FLL
Apr-16 FLL-BDL (not booked yet)

May-23 YYZ
May-24 YYZ

May Germany (not booked yet)
Jun SEA (not booked yet)
Jul SFO (not booked yet)

Sep HAJ-KBP-HAJ (not booked yet)

Had also planned to attend the FLAP2019 in Feb, but someone was so smart to schedule it overlapping with the beginning of Presidents Day week, so hotel prices are through the roof and flights from New England to Florida and return cost more than a flight to Europe. Well done ... :(
miamiair (netAirspace FAA) 26 Nov 18, 17:54Post
tangoscar wrote:Had also planned to attend the FLAP2019 in Feb, but someone was so smart to schedule it overlapping with the beginning of Presidents Day week, so hotel prices are through the roof and flights from New England to Florida and return cost more than a flight to Europe. Well done ... :(

The committee was given those dates by the Miami-Dade Aviation, we requested the week before, but that didn't go over well and we have to go with what we have.
And let's get one thing straight. There's a big difference between a pilot and an aviator. One is a technician; the other is an artist in love with flight. — E. B. Jeppesen
tangoscar 26 Nov 18, 23:22Post
miamiair wrote:
tangoscar wrote:Had also planned to attend the FLAP2019 in Feb, but someone was so smart to schedule it overlapping with the beginning of Presidents Day week, so hotel prices are through the roof and flights from New England to Florida and return cost more than a flight to Europe. Well done ... :(

The committee was given those dates by the Miami-Dade Aviation, we requested the week before, but that didn't go over well and we have to go with what we have.

Did they give any reason why your request was rejected?
miamiair (netAirspace FAA) 27 Nov 18, 09:57Post
tangoscar wrote:Did they give any reason why your request was rejected?

Staffing issues. We don't argue with the hand that feeds us. We know all too well what the costs for lodging, air fare and rental cars go up, that is why we always planned around it. So don't go thinking we pulled the date out of our collective asses and were pleased with ourselves.
And let's get one thing straight. There's a big difference between a pilot and an aviator. One is a technician; the other is an artist in love with flight. — E. B. Jeppesen
DXing 28 Nov 18, 02:12Post
UA230 ORD-EWR 24JAN
UA82 EWR-DEL 24JAN
UA83 DEL-EWR 28JAN
UA2001 EWR-ORD 29JAN

Taj Mahal has been on the bucket list for years. This is my year for an Atlantic qualification ride, might be my last, so here I go.
What's the point of an open door policy if inside the open door sits a closed mind?
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 28 Nov 18, 07:28Post
DXing wrote:Taj Mahal has been on the bucket list for years.

Great start to the year. {thumbsup}
airtrainer 28 Nov 18, 17:45Post
Hmmm, we're almost at the end of the year and I've nothing booked so far. On the plus side, I still have a few flights to take this year :)
miamiair (netAirspace FAA) 28 Nov 18, 19:00Post
Invading France in April.
MIA-CDG AA772
CDG-MIA AA772
tangoscar 01 Dec 18, 23:53Post
BDL-FLL SWA0240 03APR
FLL-BDL SWA1828 16APR

YYZ Road Trip Memorial Day Weekend

BDL-MDW-SEA SWA4955/SWA2671 22JUN
SFO-MDW-BDL SWA4313/SWA1491 06JUL

BOS-LAX AAL458 19JUL
LAX-BOS JBU988 20JUL

... and still hoping to do HAJ-KBP-HAJ ...
CO777ER (Database Editor & Founding Member) 05 Dec 18, 06:04Post
Mostly weekly IAH-CLT-DFW-IAH on AA
Exceptions:
IAH-DFW-JAC-DFW-IAH
IAH-DFW-LAS-DFW-IAH
Africa (JRO) TBD

Hello Concierge Key??
Yokes 21 Jan 19, 11:27Post
Not much booked yet but I´m sure there´ll be some more soon.

January
DUS-TFS OE
TFS-DUS OE

MAY
BRU-KBP PS

June
KBP-BRU PS
ShyFlyer (Founding Member) 21 Jan 19, 16:44Post
Flying down to the ancestral grid in March. After how much more I enjoyed my time with my Mom over Christmas since I was better rested not having driven (even with the flight drama), and the idea that the cost probably equals driving when factoring in wear & tear on the vehicle, I've decided that flying is the way to go for my quarterly visit.

MARCH
DEN-ABQ-DEN via WN

NOVEMBER
DEN-LAX-DEN via WN (tentative)
The Original Peruvian Outlaw ©
PA110 (Founding Member) 23 Jan 19, 05:08Post
January
SFO-KOA-SFO UA (nonrev)

February
SFO-KOA-SFO UA (nonrev)
SFO-OGG-SFO UA (nonrev)

March
SFO-DFW-EZE AA
AEP-USH LA

April
USH-FTE AR
PUQ-SCL LA
SCL-MIA-SFO AA
Look, it's been swell, but the swelling's gone down.
Zak (netAirspace FAA) 31 Jan 19, 00:13Post
I'll be stateside again, starting Sunday next week. Quite a few firsts on this trip:

HAM-AMS KL B738
AMS-JFK KL B772 (first KLM 777)

JFK-BUF DL CRJ

BUF-MDW WN B737 (new airline, new airport)

ORD-LAX AS A32N (new airline, new route)
LAX-JFK AS A321 (new route)

JFK-AMS KL B789 (new aircraft)
AMS-HAM KL B737
Yes, the new EU copyright directive is that stupid.

Amazon.com

First Class members don't see ads. Upgrade!