You are at netAirspace : Forum : Air and Space Forums : Civil Aviation

UA Livery Refresh Video On UA Twitter Account

All about Airlines and Airliners.

PA110 (Founding Member) 24 Apr 19, 02:11Post
A photo of United's livery refresh was leaked and now UA's twitter account has released the following video.

https://twitter.com/united/status/1120871420525993984
Look, it's been swell, but the swelling's gone down.

Amazon.com

First Class members don't see ads. Upgrade!

Zak (netAirspace FAA) 24 Apr 19, 06:41Post
It seems to get a lot of hate on the internet. I actually think it's not bad, certainly an improvement over the old one. I really like what they did with the cheat line, and the dotted area towards the top of the tail.

What I don't get it is why they thought this baby blue on the tail was an improvement over the old gold-ish colour. As far as I am concerned, it isn't at all. But then, LH didn't ask me, so why should UA...

Still, overall, not bad. {twocents}

Edit: here's a picture of their new c/s:

ua_cs.jpg
ua_cs.jpg (216.65 KiB) Viewed 484 times
Yes, the new EU copyright directive is that stupid.
Lucas (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 24 Apr 19, 07:09Post
How anodyne.
ANCFlyer (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 24 Apr 19, 08:08Post
Meh, no big deal . . .
Armor. M60A1, M60A3, M1, M1A1, Master Gunner, CSM - Best Job I Ever Had
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 24 Apr 19, 08:51Post
That'll look good in a sea of JetBlue tails...
Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast:
For it is the number of a man; and its number is One hundred threescore and twelve.
mhodgson (ATC & Photo Quality Screener & Founding Member) 24 Apr 19, 11:18Post
Definitely an improvement considering the old version has been around for decades from the Continental days.
There's the right way, the wrong way and the railway.
tangoscar 24 Apr 19, 12:48Post
I don't like the current/now old livery and I don't find the new one breathtaking either, has a bit of a low-cost carrier appeal to me ... should have kept the Tulip livery and the Continental name when they had the chance...
GQfluffy (Database Editor & Founding Member) 24 Apr 19, 13:40Post
The fuselage screams "I'm Delta" and they got rid of the gold on the globe.

:|
Teller of no, fixer of everything, friend of the unimportant and all around good guy; the CAD Monkey
ANCFlyer (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 24 Apr 19, 14:26Post
tangoscar wrote:I don't like the current/now old livery and I don't find the new one breathtaking either, has a bit of a low-cost carrier appeal to me ... should have kept the Tulip livery and the Continental name when they had the chance...

{check} {check} {check} {thumbsup}
GQfluffy (Database Editor & Founding Member) 24 Apr 19, 14:30Post
Thank you, ATC memes... :))
57623765_1995748997201914_5067972035305537536_n.jpg
57623765_1995748997201914_5067972035305537536_n.jpg (54.34 KiB) Viewed 431 times
Teller of no, fixer of everything, friend of the unimportant and all around good guy; the CAD Monkey
JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 24 Apr 19, 15:45Post
It's no better or worse than the current livery IMO. I do like the blue engines though.

One bonus - the 737MAX's aren't doing anything at the moment so they might as well head to the paint shop {boxed}
A million great ideas...
ShyFlyer (Founding Member) 24 Apr 19, 17:29Post
What I would have liked to see is the current Dreamliner/737MAX on the fuselage and a return to the United Tulip on the tail. The UA Tulip from the United Pre-merger livery was a good one, so that with gold accents to connect it with the Continental bingo cage.

What United has apparently ended up with was pretty close to what I would have liked to see. Like I said on FB, it's a not awful, but it's not great. ShyFlyer Grade = B-
The Original Peruvian Outlaw ©
ShyFlyer (Founding Member) 24 Apr 19, 21:37Post
Here's a diagram of the new livery. It's kinda growing on me, but not much. It'll be interesting to see it in "the flesh" to see if I feel different.

explainer.jpg
explainer.jpg (42.51 KiB) Viewed 409 times
The Original Peruvian Outlaw ©
vikkyvik 25 Apr 19, 14:22Post
Eh.

Too much of one color.
CO777ER (Database Editor & Founding Member) 26 Apr 19, 04:29Post
The globe lives on. Not exciting though. When you think of a brand refresh, the AA transformation in 2013ish was radical by this standard.
ANCFlyer (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 26 Apr 19, 10:22Post
CO777ER wrote:The globe lives on. Not exciting though. When you think of a brand refresh, the AA transformation in 2013ish was radical by this standard.

And that new AA livery - the tail anyway - sucks.
airtrainer 26 Apr 19, 11:12Post
CO777ER wrote:The globe lives on. Not exciting though. When you think of a brand refresh, the AA transformation in 2013ish was radical by this standard.

Radical indeed, and hated by all. Now some years later...
Sir, would you like chicken or pasta ?
ANCFlyer (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 26 Apr 19, 12:24Post
airtrainer wrote:

Radical indeed, and hated by all. Now some years later...

Still don't like it - at all. Put the new eagle logo on the tail, or just put back the AA . . . . change is not bad, but bad change is worse.
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 26 Apr 19, 13:45Post
ANCFlyer wrote:Still don't like it - at all. Put the new eagle logo on the tail, or just put back the AA . . . . change is not bad, but bad change is worse.

Agreed. That "flight symbol" idiocy on the front takes the piss out of the eagle (and several other elements of the old livery IIRC), and the tail is that fat loud American tourist the rest of you look at and cringe. From class to crass. The silver paint is nice, though, they got that part right.

At least United's new effort is just bland.
For it is the number of a man; and its number is One hundred threescore and twelve.
halls120 (Plank Owner) 27 Apr 19, 11:48Post
I like it. While I'd rather see the bingo cage be consigned to the dumpster, at least this gets rid of pmCO's boring cheat line, and even if we can't get the Tulip back, lots of UA blue. {thumbsup} {thumbsup}
PA110 (Founding Member) 28 Apr 19, 00:24Post
Not a huge fan of "United Blue". It's an improvement over the lackluster shade used in the United Rising livery, but this new livery seems more in tune with a budget leisure airline.

United invested heavily in the new Polaris branding which looks sharp and professional. Truth be told, the old livery was more conservative and perhaps better match with the Polaris branding. It would have been nice to see more of an evolution in that direction.

Maybe it will grow on me. Time will tell.
Look, it's been swell, but the swelling's gone down.
mhodgson (ATC & Photo Quality Screener & Founding Member) 28 Apr 19, 16:23Post
netAirspace photographer GFB has caught N37267 in the flesh:
There's the right way, the wrong way and the railway.
Zak (netAirspace FAA) 28 Apr 19, 19:28Post
Upgrade me from "not bad" to "I actually like it".
Yes, the new EU copyright directive is that stupid.
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 28 Apr 19, 20:36Post
Looks good in the dark :P
GQfluffy (Database Editor & Founding Member) 29 Apr 19, 14:16Post
ShanwickOceanic wrote:Looks good in the dark :P

If only the floods were inop...

Amazon.com

First Class members don't see ads. Upgrade!