You are at netAirspace : Forum : Air and Space Forums : Civil Aviation

FlyBe Cancelling Flights

All about Airlines and Airliners.

JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 03 Apr 19, 17:45Post
Ominous noises coming from flyBe where talk of redundancies are being blamed for causing a pilot shortage that has seen dozens of flights cancelled:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-47797738

Not looking good at all.
A million great ideas...

Amazon.com

First Class members don't see ads. Upgrade!

ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 03 Apr 19, 18:04Post
This in the same week that they announced several new flights from IOM, too. Makes you wonder who's in charge.
Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast:
For it is the number of a man; and its number is One hundred threescore and twelve.
JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 03 Apr 19, 20:28Post
ShanwickOceanic wrote:Makes you wonder who's in charge.

A financial consortium made up of Stobart and Virgin directors, the leader of whom seems to spend most of his time in banks on the IOM, coincidentally.
A million great ideas...
paul mcallister 03 Apr 19, 21:22Post
I doubt Flybe will be operating come the summer,I know one of their Dash 8 captains based in Belfast,and he seriously fears for the airline and his job.
JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 03 Apr 19, 22:14Post
paul mcallister wrote:I doubt Flybe will be operating come the summer,I know one of their Dash 8 captains based in Belfast,and he seriously fears for the airline and his job.

Which explains the pilot shortages. I know a senior manager at another major domestic/short-haul operator that reckons they've interviewed 30+ flyBe pilots in the last week and a half...
A million great ideas...