You are at netAirspace : Forum : Air and Space Forums : Civil Aviation

LH Returns A380, Orders 787-9

All about Airlines and Airliners.

Zak (netAirspace FAA) 13 Mar 19, 15:03Post
Some good news for Boeing at least: Lufthansa will return 6 of their 14 A380 to Airbus, and orders each 20 Boeing 787-9 and Airbus A350-900.

Source (German): https://www.n-tv.de/wirtschaft/Lufthans ... 04617.html

I did not find any information about seat layout, but guess that they will be the first airline to squeeze 10 abreast into the Dreamliner... {boxed}
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
(Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)

Amazon.com

First Class members don't see ads. Upgrade!

cornish (Certified Expert - Aviation Economics & Founding Member) 13 Mar 19, 20:30Post
I thought I read that LH didn’t specify which operating unit the 787s would go to. So it may not be LH mainline.

Worth noting that Swiss have 19 A330s and A340s in not particularly high density layouts. Given how already moved over to 777s some time ago, could the 787s be heading there?
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 13 Mar 19, 21:37Post
Would BA be interested in these A380s?
Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast:
For it is the number of a man; and its number is One hundred threescore and twelve.
airtrainer 13 Mar 19, 21:58Post
Lufthansa Group has indicated that its Swiss International Air Lines and Austrian Airlines divisions could end up operating some of the company’s newly-ordered Boeing 787-9s.
The group is taking 20 of the type, powered by Rolls-Royce Trent 1000 engines, but has yet to decide where they will be based.
It has teased, however, with an image of 787-9s in the colours of both Swiss and Austrian, as well as the livery of the German flag-carrier.

Source: https://www.flightglobal.com/news/artic ... 78-456611/
Sir, would you like chicken or pasta ?
Zak (netAirspace FAA) 13 Mar 19, 21:59Post
cornish wrote:I thought I read that LH didn’t specify which operating unit the 787s would go to. So it may not be LH mainline.

True, however they need some of those orders to replace the current mainline 380s.

That doesn't rule out some of those Dreamliners and A359s ending up with EW, LX or OS, of course.

Especially for EW, I can see the scenario. LH just axed most of the international flights from DUS, and will move them to FRA and MUC, while still remaining under the EW brand. Since LH mainline doesn't operate Dreamliners yet, I wouldn't be surprised if all Dreamliners went to EW.

ShanwickOceanic wrote:Would BA be interested in these A380s?

From what I heard, they rejected the deal. But they also rejected not making a deal. They cannot make a decision right now, but may also reject to postpone the decision. {duck}
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
(Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)