You are at netAirspace : Forum : Air and Space Forums : Civil Aviation

Delta 717 powerbacks

All about Airlines and Airliners.

Mark 08 Feb 19, 16:09Post
I know that NW powerbacked their DC9's all of the time at MSP. Every few minutes, you could hear one happening. After the DL sale, I don't recall if powerbacks were still allowed for the old NW DC9's. Fast forward to today. The DC9's are gone and the Boeing 717 is a regular sight at MSP. But, come to think of it, I never recall seeing DL do a 717 powerback. Does DL powerback the 717? Or do they only do it in rare circumstances? Or is powerbacking an obsolete procedure due to fuel usage?

Amazon.com

First Class members don't see ads. Upgrade!

GQfluffy (Database Editor & Founding Member) 08 Feb 19, 17:21Post
Was going to say different thrust reversers but they look to be the bucket type as well...

Maybe the wear and tear on RW engines doing powerbacks is different than on the old Pratts?
Teller of no, fixer of everything, friend of the unimportant and all around good guy; the CAD Monkey
miamiair (netAirspace FAA) 08 Feb 19, 17:51Post
And let's get one thing straight. There's a big difference between a pilot and an aviator. One is a technician; the other is an artist in love with flight. — E. B. Jeppesen
Zak (netAirspace FAA) 08 Feb 19, 18:02Post
Here's a 752 doing a powerback at Skiathos, when turning off the runway didn't work as planned.

Yes, the new EU copyright directive is that stupid.