You are at netAirspace : Forum : Air and Space Forums : Civil Aviation

What's Flying Over You Part Deux

All about Airlines and Airliners.

CO777ER (Database Editor & Founding Member) 26 Oct 17, 00:16Post
Trump flew to Dallas today on a C-32 instead of a VC-25.

Amazon.com

First Class members don't see ads. Upgrade!

GQfluffy (Database Editor & Founding Member) 16 Nov 17, 01:48Post
So I was sitting in the dentist office in downtown Billings, MT this afternoon staring out the airport at the 'Rims' (our airport sits atop of these 'Rims', a plateau essentially. And I see this long white twin engine come in...

Apparently we had a 787-10 and a 737-9 MAX playing touch and go for a bit this afternoon.

And yet there I sat...in the damned seventh level of Hell. {grumpy}

Screenshot_20171115-153211a.jpg
Screenshot_20171115-153211a.jpg (224.19 KiB) Viewed 1480 times

Screenshot_20171115-153529a.jpg
Screenshot_20171115-153529a.jpg (236.5 KiB) Viewed 1480 times
Teller of no, fixer of everything, friend of the unimportant and all around good guy; the CAD Monkey
mhodgson (ATC & Photo Quality Screener & Founding Member) 01 Dec 17, 13:32Post
AN-22 flew into MAN today, and is due out shortly - guess who is in work? {vsad} . The only potential bonus is runway usage today might make an overflight possible!

Supposedly it is due to make a return visit next week so fingers crossed my shifts work better.
There's the right way, the wrong way and the railway.
CentrelinePhoto 01 Dec 17, 14:11Post
mhodgson wrote:AN-22 flew into MAN today, and is due out shortly - guess who is in work? {vsad} . The only potential bonus is runway usage today might make an overflight possible!

Supposedly it is due to make a return visit next week so fingers crossed my shifts work better.

Yeah, I would have made the journey down there too (despite the weather) if I hadn't been stuck in work. Any clue as to which day next week? It would have to be Saturday to be any good to me as I'll be on jury duty Mon-Fri so no chance of chucking in a cheeky day's holiday :(
Just once in a while, let us exalt the importance of ideas and information.
mhodgson (ATC & Photo Quality Screener & Founding Member) 01 Dec 17, 14:19Post
Sadly not the weekend - showing as arriving early evening on the 5th, departing the next morning at 11. Which just happens to be my rest day... :))
CentrelinePhoto 01 Dec 17, 14:27Post
mhodgson wrote:Sadly not the weekend - showing as arriving early evening on the 5th, departing the next morning at 11. Which just happens to be my rest day... :))

And guess what...it would normally have been my day off too {mad}
JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 01 Dec 17, 15:47Post
mhodgson wrote:Sadly not the weekend - showing as arriving early evening on the 5th, departing the next morning at 11. Which just happens to be my rest day... :))

I'm heading down very early on the 6th (weather permitting, obviously).

The MAN spotters got a bonus today as the An-22 departed just after a LH 744 that had diverted with a medical emergency.
A million great ideas...
Lucas (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 03 Dec 17, 01:37Post
GQfluffy wrote:So I was sitting in the dentist office in downtown Billings, MT this afternoon staring out the airport at the 'Rims' (our airport sits atop of these 'Rims', a plateau essentially. And I see this long white twin engine come in...

Apparently we had a 787-10 and a 737-9 MAX playing touch and go for a bit this afternoon.

And yet there I sat...in the damned seventh level of Hell. {grumpy}

Screenshot_20171115-153211a.jpg

Screenshot_20171115-153529a.jpg

Want to see my pics? I controlled them both. ;)
CentrelinePhoto 04 Dec 17, 20:55Post

Bad news Martin...looks like it's been delayed by 24 hours. Now due to arrive at 1845 Wednesday and leave at 1100 Thursday.
mhodgson (ATC & Photo Quality Screener & Founding Member) 05 Dec 17, 10:41Post
Fortunately, Thursday is a rest day as well, in fact it probably works out slightly better for me.
CentrelinePhoto 05 Dec 17, 18:00Post
mhodgson wrote:Fortunately, Thursday is a rest day as well, in fact it probably works out slightly better for me.

{thumbsup} {thumbsup} {thumbsup}
JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 06 Dec 17, 18:57Post
The An-22 is now on the ground at MAN. Highly unlikely that I'll make it tomorrow, especially given that the weather forecast is dismal.
A million great ideas...
mhodgson (ATC & Photo Quality Screener & Founding Member) 06 Dec 17, 19:23Post
Might make it depending on weather; could be interesting seeing it take off in a gusting wind!
gkirk 06 Dec 17, 20:39Post
JLAmber wrote:

I'm heading down very early on the 6th (weather permitting, obviously).

The MAN spotters got a bonus today as the An-22 departed just after a LH 744 that had diverted with a medical emergency.

Got a good view of said LH 744 dropping fuel. Never got a good pic though
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 12 Jan 18, 09:17Post
FinnHEMS' SE-JRD looks to be on a training flight. Lots of circuits out at OUL, an approach to the helipad here, and now appears to be on a low-level blat up the river.

https://www.flightradar24.com/SEJRD/101a4fa3
Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast:
For it is the number of a man; and its number is One hundred threescore and twelve.
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 15 Jan 18, 10:49Post
More training at OUL today, by the looks of it, this time a Finnair A319 doing circuits:

https://www.flightradar24.com/FIN9971/10217d36
For it is the number of a man; and its number is One hundred threescore and twelve.
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 15 Jan 18, 11:30Post
And the A319 heads back to HEL, as oneworld partner QR starts throwing everything they have right over the top.

B772 to IAH
B773 to JFK
B773 to ORD
A359 to BOS
B773 to MIA

already in Finnish airspace and headed this way, with at least 773s to IAD and ATL not far behind. Looks like today's game is to route to LED, hang a left to the Finnish border, then swing right to go over LPP and head for OUL.

Naturally, there's a solid overcast. {hissy}
mhodgson (ATC & Photo Quality Screener & Founding Member) 17 Jan 18, 17:35Post
UR-CNT, AN-12 routing GOT-BHX currently rumbling overhead!
JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 17 Jan 18, 17:59Post
mhodgson wrote:UR-CNT, AN-12 routing GOT-BHX currently rumbling overhead!

I love that reg {boxed}
A million great ideas...
CentrelinePhoto 17 Jan 18, 21:21Post
JLAmber wrote:
mhodgson wrote:UR-CNT, AN-12 routing GOT-BHX currently rumbling overhead!

I love that reg {boxed}

John, I instantly think the same whenever I see it on FR24.

I saw it on there this afternoon heading for BHX, shortly after UR-KDM had flown over me on an NYO-DSA run. Another, UR-CCP soon left DSA, again bound for Sweden. These flights have been pretty frequent over the last few weeks, sometimes several per day in each direction, between Doncaster and various Swedish cities and mostly flying pretty much directly overhead either my home in Hartlepool or my workplace in Sunderland, strangely. Always a pleasure to hear :)
ShanwickOceanic (netAirspace FAA) 24 Jan 18, 09:47Post
Finnair's sent another A319 up to OUL for training, sporting the callsign AY1.

Not a nice day for it at all!
CO777ER (Database Editor & Founding Member) 30 Jan 18, 03:45Post
What is this all about?
CentrelinePhoto 30 Jan 18, 08:39Post
Aerial survey. It's based at East Midlands, along with Ce406 G-LEAF.
CentrelinePhoto 30 Jan 18, 08:42Post
CentrelinePhoto wrote:Aerial survey. It's based at East Midlands, along with Ce406 G-LEAF.

The Environment Agency's web page...

https://environmentagency.blog.gov.uk/2 ... rvey-team/
JLAmber (netAirspace ATC & Founding Member) 30 Jan 18, 13:10Post
CentrelinePhoto wrote:Aerial survey. It's based at East Midlands, along with Ce406 G-LEAF.

That overnighted at BLK last week, alongside one of the OS 404s (G-TASK, I think). Looks like they're mapping commonly flooded areas, so the NW & NE will see them a lot at the moment.
A million great ideas...

Amazon.com

First Class members don't see ads. Upgrade!